SemanticBits is seeking a mid-level or senior DevOps Engineer to support the automation and deployment needs of a range of projects. You will work hand-in-hand with development teams to implement automation solutions using technologies like Amazon Web Services, CloudFormation, Elastic Compute Cloud, Jenkins, and Travis to automatically build, test, integrate, and deploy applications in the healthcare and life sciences domains. You will leverage the full power of the cloud to configure highly resilient and scalable applications that can handle hundreds of thousands of users. This is a remote position.
Skills & Requirements
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who is well versed in the following key technologies:
- Solid hands-on working experience with configuring and maintaining resources on AWS
- Experience with the majority of EC2, ELB, CloudFormation, S3, Glacier, Lambda, CodeDeploy, SNS, SQS, RDS, IAM
- Hands-on understanding of virtualization and experience with Docker
- Deep, hands-on experience with Linux and administration
- Expertise deploying and configuring code automation tooling, such as Jenkins
- Experience automating cloud infrastructure, such as with CloudFormation
- Expertise with cloud security, such as managing users, roles, and privileges through IAM
- Experience managing Atlassian tooling such as Jira and Confluence preferred
- Experience deploying and managing a wide range of components that support web applications, such as nginx, Apache httpd, git, scripting (bash, Perl, Python, etc.), databases (MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
SemanticBits designs and develops software for the health and life sciences industry. We have domain expertise in biomedicine and understand the challenges that medical professionals face when managing and sharing data. And, we have the technical skills to create sophisticated semantic-based systems that are easy to use. Our company is run by software engineers, and we know how to build software that works. Software developed by SemanticBits helps in conducting clinical trials across the country that are helping save lives every day. Our software is being used to help decide treatments using genomic data. Our software is making a difference. We are agile, driven, and foster creativity. We have long-term projects and low employee turnover rate. SemanticBits hires people interested in opportunities that go beyond mere job descriptions. Our employees work in a dynamic environment because we respect the talents of every member of our team and encourage creative solutions. We believe in what we are doing ---- helping in the fight to cure diseases --- and we hire people who are passionate about taking this challenge head on.
SemanticBits is a company that continues to grow not only in its size, but even more so in its professional reputation and prestige. We take pride in our close-knit team of highly talented individuals who work with cutting-edge technologies to find new solutions that address complicated problems in the health and life sciences domain. Our company offers an open work environment that encourages thinking aloud and communicating freely. At SemanticBits, there is no big corporate hierarchy; we, as a team, work together to achieve our goals. We foster a warm and friendly environment with regular happy hours, free coffee and snacks, and monthly brown-bag sessions.
Salary & Benefits
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual Working Environment
- Flexible Office Hours
- Unlimited Coffee & Snacks
SemanticBits, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and embraces workplace diversity.