DESCRIPTION: Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 3+ years working with operations automation tools (Docker, Ansible, puppet, chef )
- 2+ years working with Data storage (Oracle, Cassandra)
- 2+ years of Site Reliabiliy experience.
- 2+ years of development experience.
- Proficient with at least one shell and high level scripting language (bash, perl, python)
- Expertise with building system capacity models, logging and monitoring infrastructure (Splunk, Nagios, Hubble, Dynatrace etc)
- Expertise with troubleshooting complex OS, database, network configuration, and applications server issues
- Good knowledge of network, Loadbalacers, GSLB ,
- Understanding of networking and packet sniffer tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, etc
- Good understanding on application security; authentication, authorization, cryptography, etc.
- Expertise with continuous delivery systems using GIT and Jenkins; define branching, tagging, and code merging strategies
- Strong understanding of both front-end and back-end web technologies (HTTP, AJAX, XML, JSON, CSS etc)
- Evangelize operations best practices and mentor engineers and contractors in the team
- Nice-to-have: Knowledge of Kafka, CPU Architecture, Agile SW development experience, Building Infrastructure analytics
Description: Apple Payment Gateway team is responsible for delivering payment solutions at Apple. Our solutions are very critical to Apple’s success. You’ll be joining a team of world class engineers and interacting on a daily basis with teams that span across Apple. The role is a mix of Automation, Operations, and Site reliability. Perfect candidate should be able to wear multiple hats and be flexible for project needs.
Education: BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.