Developer Evangelist, Oracle EMEA
- Oracle Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) helps enterprise IT and independent software vendor (ISV) developers rapidly build and deploy rich cloud-native applications using an enterprise-grade cloud platform.
- We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join Oracle EMEA as Developer Evangelists. Successful applicants will promote platform adoption through customer and partner engagements, public event speaking, community engagement and general relationship building. This will be a multidimensional role and provide a great opportunity to work independently, innovate and drive change.
- Successful applicants will be expected to leverage Oracle’s next-generation technologies to demonstrate how organizations can develop compelling and innovative solutions. Individuals with fresh ideas will contribute in areas including UI design and mobile, natural language processing, Intelligent Chat Bots, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Evangelize and demonstrate Oracle’s offering in a compelling and convincing manner.
- Deliver articulate, effective, and audience-appropriate presentations/ demonstrations with technically oriented content at various events to both small and large audiences.
- Demonstrate the credibility of Oracle's products and solutions with a focus on show-and-tell.
- Create own content as required.
- Build and maintain relationships with Oracle customers and partners. Understand the needs and pains of customers and link them to a set of products/solutions provided by Oracle.
- Work with other Oracle teams in support of the sales cycle. Coordinate with local sales-consulting or drive back-office development teams to deliver mini proof of concepts.
- Maintain in depth knowledge in the relevant cloud-service areas, mainly around application development in the cloud.
- Pick-up and execute quickly with new technologies either by Oracle (home grown or acquired) or from new trends in the market. Work closely with EMEA and HQ Product Management.
- Maintain good awareness of all relevant competitive products.
- The successful candidate will be an excellent team player and have:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- The ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools
- The ability to communicate to both technical and business audiences well
- The ability to articulate the benefits of our solutions in the customer’s context
- Experience of some or all the following
- g. Chef/Puppet, Jenkins/Hudson, Git/Subversion
- Experience of agile development methodologies (Scrum, Agile)
- Coding, Programming and frameworks:
- Frameworks: e.g. Node.js
- Mobile frameworks: JQuery Mobile, Cordova
- Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Applicants should have working knowledge of at least one major vendor’s cloud platform. No Oracle-specific knowledge is required but an ability to quickly learn is a must.
- Must be fully confident and successful in conducting customer engagements so that he/she can act as a trusted advocate of Oracle’s Cloud Platform offering.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong command of the English language (verbal and writing) is a must. Another major European language would be considered an added asset.
- Bachelor or Master, ideally in Computer Sciences, Engineering or related field. Advanced degree would be considered an added asset.
- Flexibility regarding work schedule and travel
- 3-5+ years of experience in an “evangelist” role preferred
- Travel: Yes, 20%-50% of the Time across EMEA
With more than 420,000 customers and deployments in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.