Shopify’s Support L&D Team is responsible for any Learning and Development initiative within the Support organization. Included in the variety of programs being worked on in Support L&D is the Support Learning Code (SLC) program. This initiative’s mission is to significantly level up dev skills in Shopify’s Support teams, thereby increasing these teams’ ability to solve larger, more complex, and more interesting problems. SLC aims to create and deliver accessible opportunities for technical levelling up for a diverse audience of learners.
The SLC team is looking for an experienced developer/educator who enjoys helping people grow and learn new skills. You’ll be using cutting edge technology to work on technical training programs – the best you’ve ever seen. At the end of the day, you’ll be fulfilled knowing the programs you work on impact our front line and Technical Support teams as well as our merchants – they expand the teams’ knowledge base, accelerate people’s growth, and help merchants get the support they need quicker than ever.
You’ll need to have :
- Subject matter expertise in computational thinking and problem solving
- A background in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience as an instructor/teacher, preferably in a technical field
- Experience in curriculum design
- Top-notch time management and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Knowledge of e-learning, training and development, and blended learning best practices
- The ability to work independently, and knowledge of when to seek input and critiques from others
- The ability to incorporate a variety of feedback into a final product
It’d be great if you have:
- Experience in instruction/teaching at a technical bootcamp or institution
- Experience in instruction/teaching in the corporate high-tech field
- A background in working with organizations/non-profits aimed at creating builders of technology
- A background working with Shopify
You’ll be working on things like:
- Teaching and facilitating, both in-person and remotely
- Creating and/or designing multimedia to support learning objectives
- Conducting needs analyses and retrospectives to ensure training properly prepares agents for their jobs, and improving the training program to address knowledge gaps and evolving needs
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
This posting will be closed September 14th . We will be in touch with all applicants within two weeks after closing. Thanks for your interest!
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.