Shopify's rapid growth means that we have many interesting and challenging problems to solve, most critically in operations. Shopify's 500,000 merchants have bet their businesses on the reliability and performance of our platform, which means that both uptime and efficiency through automation are paramount. This is why we're looking to add a Database Engineer to our growing team.
As part of an elite team of infrastructure engineers, you'll be responsible for ensuring that Shopify stays a robust and secure service. This includes scaling databases, supporting rollouts of HA systems, development of configuration management and automation tools and dealing with distributed systems. As a member of the production engineering team, you'll also be directly responsible for the scalability, performance, and availability of the Shopify infrastructure. You will work closely with support and development teams throughout your day-to-day activities. All members of the production engineering team, including leads, also participate in an on call rotation.
You'll Need to Have:
- Strong experience with MySQL administration, operation and performance tuning
- Experience in running large scale database operations on Linux/Unix
- Proficiency with configuration management tools, such as Chef or Puppet
- The ability to read, write and understand scripts in languages such as Ruby or Python
It Would be Great if you had Experience with:
- Galera Cluster
- MySQL HA solutions such as Orchestrator
- MySQL proxies
- Experience with a variety of open source software including redis, and memcached
- Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and `database as a service` solutions
- Version control systems like git
- Docker and Kubernetes
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Shopify currently powers businesses in over 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Tesla, Red Bull, Nestle, GE, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.