SemanticBits is looking for a Data Scientist eager to use advanced analytical, machine learning and data transformation techniques as a means to develop practical tools and analyses that can help solve complex business problems; transforming volumes of data into actionable information. In some instances, you will be using languages like R or Python to employ newer techniques like tree ensembles, neural nets, and clustering to solve long-standing questions. In other instances, it will be your responsibility to come up with solutions for problems that have not yet been identified. In order to do so, the Data Scientist will have to be confident that they can solve a wide-range of problems using a variety of techniques—some known, some new, some yet to be created.
- Bachelor's degree with quantitative focus in Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong grasp of statistics and data mining techniques
- Solid experience with Python, R, AWS cloud computing, XML parsing, MapReduce
- Dataset parsing, dataset merging, dataset analysis, dataset synthesis
- Controlled vocabularies (UMLS, SNOMED, etc.)
- NoSQL databases, particularly ElasticSearch, Node.js a bonus
- Statistical analysis expertise, in particular weighted survey dataset analysis
- Strong technical communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to understand and articulate the “big picture” and simplify complex ideas
- Strong problem solving and structuring skills
- Ability to identify and learn applicable new techniques independently as needed
SemanticBits designs and develops software for the health and life sciences industry. We have domain expertise in biomedicine and understand the challenges that medical professionals face when managing and sharing data. And, we have the technical skills to create sophisticated semantic-based systems that are easy to use. Our company is run by software engineers, and we know how to build software that works. Software developed by SemanticBits helps in conducting clinical trials across the country that are helping save lives every day. Our software is being used to help decide treatments using genomic data. Our software is making a difference. We are agile, driven, and foster creativity. We have long-term projects and low employee turnover rate. SemanticBits hires people interested in opportunities that go beyond mere job descriptions. Our employees work in a dynamic environment because we respect the talents of every member of our team and encourage creative solutions. We believe in what we are doing ---- helping in the fight to cure diseases --- and we hire people who are passionate about taking this challenge head on.
SemanticBits is a company that continues to grow not only in its size, but even more so in its professional reputation and prestige. We take pride in our close-knit team of highly talented individuals who work with cutting-edge technologies to find new solutions that address complicated problems in the health and life sciences domain. Our company offers an open work environment that encourages thinking aloud and communicating freely. At SemanticBits, there is no big corporate hierarchy; we, as a team, work together to achieve our goals. We foster a warm and friendly environment with regular happy hours, free coffee and snacks, and monthly brown-bag sessions.
Salary & Benefits
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual Working Environment
- Flexible Office Hours
- Unlimited Coffee & Snacks
SemanticBits, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and embraces workplace diversity.