CareMessage is looking for our first Data Scientist to help us gain valuable and actionable insights from the 1.4+ million patients on our platform. This role will work closely with our Research, Engineering and Product teams to help prepare, model and operationalize large datasets. You will work with engineers to build data pipelines that will allow the company to analyze data in real-time. As the company grows, this person will help us develop and scale our data strategy. We see this as a great role for someone who is passionate about improving the health of vulnerable populations and is looking for an opportunity to have a meaningful impact on our company’s future.
This is a full-time position based in our downtown San Francisco office although for the right candidate, we are open to this being a remote position.
- Perform analyses that describe, diagnose and predicts user behavior
- Help CareMessage and our customers make more data-driven decisions that will improve the health of our patient population
- Visualize and communicate insights in an effective and engaging manner
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills – will need to work effectively across teams to understand data challenges
- Continuously work to ensure the highest level of data integrity at CareMessage
- Proficient in R, SQL and Python
- 3+ years experience working with messy, real-world datasets
- Solid foundation in statistics (e.g., multivariate analysis, A/B testing)
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in applied science, mathematics or engineering
- Experience with machine learning and working with healthcare data a plus
- Flexible work from home policy
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Health, dental, and vision insurance- partial coverage for dependents
- Professional development and transportation stipend
- Transparency with financials and metrics
- Work on a product that impacts millions of underserved patients in the United States
CareMessage is a unique, fast growth (300%+ CAGR) SaaS not-for-profit health technology company dedicated to improving healthcare outcomes for underserved patient populations in the United States (and some day, globally). CareMessage’s technology acts as a bridge between the patient/caregiver and the healthcare organization, typically a hospital, clinic or health plan. For the healthcare organization, CareMessage’s cloud-based dashboard enables staff members to automate various kinds of interventions for individual and groups of patients. The patient/caregiver receives targeted alerts, reminders and notifications through text and voice messaging.
Over the last year, CareMessage has tripled in size, quadrupled its total customer base and achieved significant revenue growth (including partnering with some of the largest health systems and health plans in the country). CareMessage currently partners with nearly 200 healthcare organizations in 38 states across the country. The organization is reaching more than 700,000 patients, and is doubling its reach every six months. CareMessage has raised significant philanthropic capital from major institutions, including Google.org, Y Combinator, the Pershing Square Foundation, the Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, the CVS Health Foundation, the Marc and Laura Andreessen Foundation and the William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation. CareMessage employs ~35 people and is based in San Francisco, CA.