You are a programmer who loves data. When you have a burning question you seek out / download / scrape data to answer it. We're looking more for someone who geeks out on data more than on databases.
Day to day, you will be the primary technical point of contact for maintaining Spatially's production data store. You will maintain datasets from multiple data providers updated at different intervals; develop and adhere to standards for robust storage, consistent access, and platform performance.
We’re looking for talented, high energy people who love working in small teams and enjoy being personally accountable for shipping amazing product.
Our culture is casual, lean (kanban), very curious, deeply technical, supporting, cloud run, independent, diverse and ambitious. Spatially is a privately funded startup with team members in the Bay Area, Seattle, Boston and Miami.
- Support engineering, product development, and data science teams for query, access, and documentation
- Stay on top of periodic ingest and update
- Maintain correct versions of production data
- Harmonize all kinds of crazy data formats
- Help us keep our ducks in a row with naming standards, data documentation, versioning
- Continuing development/improvement of our data platform capabilities
- Solid ETL experience
- Ability to source, download, munge datasets from multiple sources into a consistent format
- Experience working with spatial (geo-located) datasets
- Huge plus would be experience with standard spatial libraries (GEOS, GDAL)
- 3+ years experience with
- Basic shell/utilities/regex
- High competence with SQL DDL and DML
- NoSQL datastores (Mongo, Cassandra, etc.)
- crate.io would be a huge plus
- Hadoop ecosystem (Hive / Pig / Spark)
- Python; Go is a big plus
Spatially is developing a SAAS platform specifically for Small to Mid-Sized Businesses, Franchisers and Franchisees as well as Retail Pop-Up Shops that provides data and analytics to this under-served target audience. With Spatially, business owners have a reliable, user-friendly and accessible solution that helps them better understand location analysis, market dynamics and customer insights.
Whether the goal is to grow a business with new locations or maximizing the potential of an existing location, our map visualizations, charts and analyses help businesses owners make more informed decisions. Spatially also offers a variety of customization features that allow businesses to create filters and segments based on their individual needs.
Spatially is a small (but growing) start up with team members in Seattle, Boston and Miami. We are gearing up for big things in 2017 and need the best and brightest to help us get there.
Our culture is casual, lean(kanban), curious, deeply technical, supporting, cloud run, independent, diverse and ambitious.
Come join us and together lets pioneer the future of location intelligence.