This position is remote, you can work from anywhere in the US if you’re available on East Coast hours.
Museum Hack is a creative company that offers irreverent, renegade museum tours and cultural offsites to corporate and private clients. Founded in 2013 and having grown to over $2 million in sales in 2016, Museum Hack has uplifted the lives of tens of thousands of new museum guests. We work at renowned cultural institutions and quirky locations in New York City and other major cities to bring these innovative experiences to companies and groups.
Museum Hack has been featured by The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, PBS, TimeOut New York, Huffington Post, TEDx, and more. Beloved clients include private citizens, schools, industry groups, and large companies like Google, Lego, LinkedIn, and CitiBank.
You’ll be helping us message and respond to our customers via email and sometimes via telephone, as well as a variety of other tasks. You will be working on our help desk (Groove), Slack, Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, and other web-based services.
- Use our help desk software to respond to clients via email (and sometimes phone) to answer questions regarding booking, invoices, etc.
- Manage difficult situations / unhappy customers and escalate when necessary
- Other customer service / admin duties as assigned
- Use our software to send invoices to clients
- Input and manage events in Google Calendar
- Write content for our website as assigned
- Various tasks as assigned
- Previous customer service experience
- You have a home office and prior experience working remotely
- Available to work Eastern USA time zone (must be available: 8am to 10am ET + peeking in on weekends)
- Must have nearly perfect written English skills and amazingly awesome spoken English skills. Creative writing skills a plus!
- Quick learner
- Detail oriented
- High quality work: You are an efficient individual who makes projects happen behind the scenes with a fine eye for details (in short: you get shit done)
- Technically inclined, able to pick up new things quickly: we use a lot of web-based services (including, but not limited to: Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, Xero, PandaDoc, Base CRM)
- Flexibility quotient high: Things can and do change on a dime around here — you gotta go with the flow, and be ready to kick it into high gear at a moment’s notice
- Be fun and exciting without using too many exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!
- Authorized to work in the US
HOURS / PAY
About 20-30 hours per week with the possibility of becoming full time — you should be available to work a flexible amount of hours in the Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05:00), 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday with an hour or two per day on weekends (flexible time).
Must be available Monday to Friday from 8am to 10am ET.
$12 to $15 per hour, DOE
- Many people on our team are remote and work from home
- Most of our Customer Service Representatives stay with the company for years, and move up to do really exciting things with us.
- CSR occasionally receive performance-based rewards and incentives
- Our company is GROWING! We are an innovative arts-based business in New York City. Find out more about us by watching our CEO Nick’s Tedx Talk.
NO CALLS OR EMAILS: We love that you are enthusiastic and want to learn more about the job or the progress of your application. But please, no phone calls or emails.