Are you passionate about learning and helping others learn? Do you find mentoring rewarding? Are you excited about finding new ways to use technology to teach others? Do you enjoy using pedagogical strategies and working with designers and students to help create world class educational content? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a diversity of intellectual challenges? We are looking for you!
A Course Manager (aka Nanodegree Services Lead) is an engineer, teacher, mentor, educational strategist, and program administrator in one. You should take pride in ensuring that your students receive the best possible learning experience by training Udacity mentors and reviewers, user testing course materials, giving insightful feedback on course content to Udacity's development team, and developing new and existing student support services tailored to your program's specific audience.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent in reading, understanding and debugging unfamiliar code.
- Strong foundation of technical knowledge in application design patterns, code organization, and experience working with and building web applications
- Prior experience teaching/tutoring students of multiple levels of mastery and managing communities driven towards customer success.
- Proven experience prioritizing and multitasking multiple urgent needs.
- Ability to review educational content from a student perspective to identify areas for improvement, as well as opportunities to challenge advanced students and to simplify material for those who are struggling.
- Intuition to guide Udacity mentors and reviewers by encouraging best practices for tutoring and giving feedback
- Flexibility in using, or learning to use different methods for tracking and conveying information such as Zendesk, Google docs, forums, online chat programs and email.
- Provide constructive feedback to internal Udacity teams to help make course materials engaging, educational, and exciting for students.
- Anticipate and identify potential student drop-off points in program content.
- Manage and coach your community of project reviewers and student mentors in online and in-person communities; guide them to deliver exceptional student service.
- Help project reviewers and student mentors develop the skills to resolve educational and teaching challenges
- Collect feedback from reviewer/mentor network to inform and implement course and services improvements that will increase student success.
- Conduct audits of reviewers to ensure quality and improve course projects and rubrics.
- Act as liaison and advocate for Udacity students. Communicate needs, challenges, and opportunities to all stakeholders at Udacity (e.g. content, engineering, and product).
- Consult closely with content team during development phase of new Nanodegree programs to lend services expertise.
- Help source data and analysis needed to identify and implement changes that will improve student outcomes.