Auth0 is the fastest-growing major IAM vendor in the market today. We are seeking an analytical and creative business strategist with a quantitative background to financially model our pricing, packaging and business models for our current and new product lines. This modeling will both drive real-world experiments as well as optimize, scale and accelerate our revenue growth. The Strategy role will also help evaluate internally-generated new product and business concepts and potential acquisitions. In this role, you will significantly impact the capital investments and accelerate the market success of Auth0.
What you’ll be doing:
This hands-on person will work closely with the CEO, the CFO, the leadership team in Product, Sales, Marketing and Finance, and the data science team to quantitatively analyze various business model experiments and occasionally test them in the market. You will provide insightful analysis and build models that extract value from our datasets and market data. You will think critically about how customers and competitors will react to our go-to-market decisions and use these insights to drive enterprise value. Your efforts will have a significant impact on Auth0’s growth trajectory and bottom line.
Who we are looking for:
You have a great deal of common sense, as well as at least a BS/BA or equivalent experience in Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or a related quantitative discipline, and you have worked previously in a business strategy role, preferably in a SaaS business. You have at least 4 years of experience in building financial models based on historical and (thoughtfully) projected data that resulted in data-driven business decisions about pricing, packaging, business models, as well as build vs buy acquisition decisions. You are very comfortable in Excel/GSheets, can write your own code in R, Python or equivalent for ETL or other kinds of data cleanup and manipulation, and can write SQL code to retrieve and analyze data from our data warehouse. Familiarity with Unix (MacOS) command-line tools a plus. Good candidates will have a diverse set of skills ranging from general analytics to statistics and programming, however your defining characteristic will be extremely strong business acumen and propensity for experimentation. You will be also able to demonstrate a “hello world” sample app authenticated with Auth0 and be able to explain succinctly how the authentication portion works in your first interview.
This is a high-visibility role, and strong communication skills are required. The selected candidate must be intellectually curious, highly analytical, entrepreneurial, impact driven, persistent, and proactive at sharing ideas and recommendations. In this role you will be responsible for developing and executing external pricing/market data, acquisition strategies and establishing tools and processes required to effectively test hypothesis. You will have responsibility to evaluate, design and deploy incremental improvements to the many facets of our internal and external data (i.e. data needs, coverage, distribution, accessibility, obtainability, and accuracy) as it pertains to your position.
Skills you have
- 6+ years’ experience in a management consulting firm, corporate strategy function or venture capital
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization, including senior management
- Ability to quickly evaluate business trends and develop successful solutions that enhance business
- Effective communication skills with a demonstrated ability to synthesize analysis and conclusions in written reports and oral presentations
- Familiarity with a full range of qualitative and quantitative research methods,
- Ability to prioritize work-streams to achieve multiple objectives concurrently
- Project experience to include corporate or business strategy development
- Candidates must have experience in both building strategy and executing it with demonstrable results and outcomes
- MBA or equivalent experience, in addition to an Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or a related quantitative
- Extensive experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets, ability to write SQL queries, and adequate coding skills for data cleanup and manipulation.
Auth0 values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
“About Auth0: “Auth0 provides an enterprise-grade platform that secures billions of log-ins every year. The company makes it easy to implement even the most complex identity solutions for their web, mobile, IoT and internal applications, as well as sophisticated identity management for employees, customers and partners. Auth0 has raised over $54 million from Meritech Capital, NTT DoCoMo, Trinity Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, K9 Ventures, Silicon Valley Bank, Founders Co-Op, Portland Seed Fund and NXTP Labs.”