The WordPress project is supported by a vibrant community of volunteers who are passionate about open source technology. Community Wranglers provide support and guidance to those who contribute by creating educational WordPress events (WordCamps, Meetups, do_action events, hackathons, etc).
Community Wranglers have three important parts to their jobs:
- Recruiting and collaborating with volunteers.
- Training, education, and public speaking.
- Record keeping and general administration of volunteer programs.
Excellent leadership skills are needed to succeed in this work. You should know how to motivate and inspire volunteers in addition to having experience with training. You must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience. The health of the project is directly related to how engaged volunteers are.
- Identify potential volunteers and foster their involvement with the project.
- Collect information on availabilities and skills.
- Arrange for appropriate training when needed.
- Work across time zones to find and participate in meeting times.
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions.
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed.
- Facilitate conversations between volunteers when conflicts arise.
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events.
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and needs.
- Εnsure the purpose of the organization and its actions are clearly communicated.
- Proven experience managing volunteers or similar.
- Experience in volunteering locally and/or internationally.
- Experience in volunteer recruitment through various channels.
- Able to communicate effectively cross-culturally.
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities.
- A pleasant, outgoing personality.
This is a full-time position.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send an email telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.