Co-Founder & App Development Leader (All Platforms)نشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 3 أشهر
Join us and become a part of history as together we change the face of e-commerce for digital content and preserve the ability of authors to earn a living by writing. We are looking for a smart, creative cross-platform app-development wizard to provide apps for reading ebooks and listening to audiobooks that run on all major platforms (iOS, Windows, Android, Mac OS). This role will complement the rest of the founding team who has already built the back-end infrastructure and first beta version of the website. As we prepare to come out of beta, we also need the right developer to build apps to deliver an amazing user experience in parallel.
- Get in on the ground floor and become an owner of a new, industry-transforming company.
- Consult with former kayak.com founding employee & Chief Architect Bill O'Donnell, who is a technical advisor to the company.
- Create your own solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Choose the tools that will be used by you and your colleagues.
- Make mistakes, disrupt the status quo, and help us create the engineering culture that you would like!
- Build your own dream job.
If hired, you will receive a hefty equity grant relative to the position. You will also earn direct cash compensation in the form of a revenue share on every dollar from the app you build plus the existing site, and across our 1,000+ distribution partners. Your pay will increase as our gross revenue increases, until those rev-share pay levels reach your target salary.
We are located in the growing Lebanon/Hanover, NH tech region around Dartmouth and the Lebanon airport, but during our launch phase, we expect candidates to work from home, wherever that may be. We will pay for relocation, should that become necessary in the future.
Skills & Requirements
NOTE: Your cover letter matters to us, maybe more than your resume! We want to know why you are interested in Scribl. Please read this section and write it accordingly.
We want you if you are:
- Fun, kind, fast, and flexible
- A good communicator
- Passionate about digital content, especially ebooks and audiobooks
And have development experience with:
- Xamarin or React Native for cross-platform app development on the following platforms:
- Windows UWP (Windows 10, Xbox, Phone, Holographic, etc.)
- Android (including Kindle)
- Mac OS (optional)
- In-App Purchases
- EPUB reader
- MP3 player for both local files and streaming
- User account security and data encryption
- Connecting to a PostgreSQL database and S3 to access content
- E-commerce and security best practices
If you have some experience with these, that's a plus, but it's not required:
- Ruby-on-Rails (to cross support our web developers)
- E-commerce and security best practices
- AWS hosting and management
- NGINX and Ubuntu sysadmin
- Audio processing or speech recognition programming
- Game programming
- Strong team-building and project management record
You will be responsible to:
- Work on your own and with other developers developing mobile apps to accompany our ebook and audiobook store
- Build tight integration between the apps and our backend database so the user experience is preserved whether accessing on a web browser from a desktop or form your app
- Nurture a healthy engineering culture
It is important that you either have or are willing to gain an appreciation for digital content creators -- authors and artists. Our success is dependent on our ability to help them prosper and want that perspective to be shared by everyone on our team. Please describe your interest in Scribl, CrowdPricing, ebooks, or authors in your cover letter. The resume should show you have the skills. The cover letter is what tells us why you may be the right person for the position.
We are Scribl (Scribliotech, Inc.), a unique self-publishing partner for authors, developers, and artists. We exist to provide those content creators with ever improving means to promote and sell their creative work to interested customers and for those customers to easily find and acquire for a fair price the works that will be most appealing to them.
You can see the current beta version of the site at http://www.scribl.com. With domestic and international patents pending and an impressive and growing partner list, we have developed an entirely new and disruptive CrowdPricing(TM) system for digital content. We believe our CrowdPricing and distribution system will become the digital content model of the next decade, better addressing the interests of consumers, authors/developers, and distributors than any other current system.
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|