We are looking to expand our team of engineers working on technologies that make up the core of modern, open-source, cloud infrastructure. Among these technologies are Kubernetes, container runtimes like rkt, monitoring systems like Weave Scope and Prometheus, etc.
Kinvolk is a team of developers with experience in open source Linux technologies. Our work has overwhelmingly focused on cloud infrastructure technologies programmed in Go.
We work with some of the most respected companies and engineering teams in the industry to build cutting-edge, open-source technologies. Our clients are at the forefront of developing tools and systems to support running microservice-based architectures. They turn to our team because of our track record of working effectively, and cooperating with upstream projects.
If you like the idea of working on a wide range of technologies at the core of modern cloud systems, contributing to open-source projects, and joining a supportive team that shares this passion, we’d like to hear from you.
Ideal candidate brings prior experience and knowledge and a keen ability to debug and troubleshoot challenging issues.
Joining Kinvolk means you’ll be involved in open-source communities, and not only on the technology side. Kinvolk is active in organizing community events and we’d like you to be a part of those.
To get the good idea of what we do, and what you would be doing at Kinvolk, just take a look. We work in the open and encourage you to browse our github repositories and activity.
Time and location
This is a full-time position, based in Berlin. If you’re not in Berlin, we may be able to help you get here.
In cases where the applicant has significant experience doing so, we will consider remote work.
- Work to improve open-source cloud technologies and client projects built on top of those technologies
- Interface clients and advise on the best use of open source technologies
- Be a liaison between the client and upstream projects with the goal of getting changes upstreamed
- Review and document code changes
- Stay current on the cloud infrastructure technology landscape
- Work closely with the rest of the Kinvolk team; communicating across client projects.
- Represent Kinvolk at community events
Skills and experience
People at all experience levels are encouraged to apply. We welcome the opportunity to allow experienced individuals to follow their passion, and those with less experience to develop skills and realize their potential. We believe a team with varied skills and experience creates that best opportunity for everyone to share their knowledge and learn from each other.
To get the job done, you’re going to need these.
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience in the Go or proven ability to pick up new languages
- Ability to grok and change C code
- Experience working on active open-source projects
- Ability to work independently
- Good at communicating technical issues and requirements
- Good written and spoken English
If you have these skills, awesome! If not, expect to add these while at Kinvolk.
- Commits to cloud infrastructure projects: Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with programming languages like Rust, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of container and process isolation technologies
- Good networking know-how
- German could be useful
- Comfortable giving talks at conferences
What we offer
We’re always looking for ways to make Kinvolk a friendly and motivating work environment. Here are some of the things we already offer.
- Work exclusively on Linux technologies
- Yearly profit sharing program
- Located in Berlin Germany, one of the most exciting cities in Europe
- Work closely with open-source communities
- Team lunch once a week
- Company mobile phone plan
- German language classes 2 times weekly, if needed
- Generous hardware allowance for laptop, monitor, phone and/or tablet of your choice
- Represent Kinvolk at conferences across Europe
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Need a book? We’ll order it for you and add it to our tech bookshelf