(UK (London, Oxford, Coventry or Remote))
We're looking for Ruby on Rails developers to help us continue to develop our cutting-edge Cloud Management Platform, Viaje. (Learn more about Viaje here).
Calligo is a Global Cloud Services Partner dedicated to delivering the highest levels of data privacy demanded by the new General Data Protection Regulation. Our comprehensive GDPR services portfolio enables our clients to more rapidly adapt and subsequently better maintain their ongoing compliance obligations.
Our software platform (developed in-house by a small development team you'd be joining) powers every aspect of the business, from infrastructure operations to support, billing, sales and so on. It's also the interface through which our clients interact with their Calligo Cloud, allowing them to provision and manage their cloud infrastructure with us.
We're looking for Rails developers to join our growing team (currently 6 developers split between Jersey and the UK) to allow us to continue to innovate in this space and to implement a wealth of new data-privacy / GDPR tools for us and our clients.Key duties:
- Working on sprint tasks assigned by either a senior cloud developer of the Director of Software Development.
- Software testing during deployment cycles
- Suggesting improvements to the codebase / technology stack / UX
- Creation of documentation related to work produced
- A solid understanding of both HTML & CSS
- A solid understanding of Ruby on Rails (ideal) or a similar MVC framework
- Working knowledge of SQL & relational databases
- Basic knowledge of version control, preferably Git
- Basic understanding of Agile development practices preferred
Location: The company is headquartered in Jersey, in the Channel Islands, but we have offices in Oxford, Coventry and soon London in the UK. We're interested in applicants anywhere in the UK and are flexible about which office (if any of the above) they work from.
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Negotiable based on prior experience
Holiday: 25 days
Calligo is an innovative cloud service provider offering mid-sized companies the highest levels of data privacy and security. Calligo offers unparalleled application performance guarantees, commercial flexibility and a personalised support service from its globally located cloud platforms. Through its four pillars of focus, Calligo delivers a platform that businesses can trust to deliver the high level of service and protection they expect and is lacking in many cloud offerings.