Clojure Data Engineerنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 3 أشهر
About The Role
We are continuing to invest heavily in big data, data insights and analytics in 2017: creating this new role for a Data Engineer. The successful individual will be a key member of a team developing data science based products across various channels and platform teams.
The Data Engineer will work with the Head of Data Architecture on the development and implementation of our next generation data platform; creating secure personalization and insight services backed by scalable & secure data stores that integrate data from purchases, click streams, indications of intent, external events, CRM data, Social etc. This is an opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer to help build a world class data platform that positively impacts the lives of millions of rail users.
In the next chapter for Trainline, App usability and functionality will grow further, making rail travel smarter than ever, more mobile ticketing routes are set to launch, and expansion into Europe will make travel across international borders a reality.
Trainline is the world’s leading independent digital rail platform. We sell tickets worldwide on behalf of 86 train companies, helping our customers make more than 125,000 journeys every day in and across 24 countries. We are a one-stop shop for rail travel, bringing together major train companies onto one platform, providing our customers with a complete set of travel options and offering unique, AI driven travel information and recommendations.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Design, deliver and support a scalable data platform, tools and solutions that can be used for data mining and the creation of personalised experiences.
- This is a key role that will create a data platform that lies at the very heart of our organisation, so the Data Engineer will need to work closely with:
- The Head of Data Architecture who leads the data engineering activities.
- Front End Product Owners and Development Teams (Web, mobile Web and Mobile Apps) to ensure that services delivered meet their needs.
- New Head of Data Science and the (recently formed) Data Science team to create data analyses and data products that provide valuable insights and personalised experiences.
- The data insights team who perform data analytics around business performance.
- Chief Software Architect to ensure alignment and optimisation of our Architecture strategy.
- Head of Infrastructure and Business Agility to ensure alignment with our infrastructure strategy and ongoing optimisation.
What You'll Bring:
- Experience of software development using Clojure.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering market leading data driven solutions.
- A strong background in software development, with experience programming in traditional back-end languages such as Java or C#.
- A strong background in Python/R and/or other common data manipulation and statistical languages is an advantage.
- Experience in data solutions using the Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Pig, Hbase, etc)
- Experience of stream processing technologies (Kafka, Storm, AWS Kinesis, etc).
- Personalisation & Predictive Analytics solutions using Machine Learning.
- Extensive experience integrating external APIs and pulling data from SQL databases (especially Oracle & SQL Server).
- Extensive experience creating internal services for front-end teams to consume.
- Preferably, two years of experience with AWS (including RedShift, Amazon Elastic MapReduce, etc)
What We Offer
25 days holiday, life assurance, Season Ticket loan, pension contributions, medical and dental insurance (subject to qualifying periods).
The Fun stuff: Board Game Nights, Yoga classes, PS4 & XBox lounge, Table Tennis, Fuss ball, Beer & Pizza Fridays
To find out more, visit thetrainlinejobs.com.
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|