Be part of a great software team building mobile and web applications with some of the brightest thought leaders and technologists in the world.
This contract role may be performed from a remote location and requires a level of effort estimated at 40 hours per week.
- You will identify, understand, and document functional requirements and user stories by working with the product owner
- You will work with the UX, QA and Development teams to ensure that user stories are communicated with sufficient acceptance criteria
- You will help validate that the application works as per identified in the requirements
- Execute the role of Scrum master for at least one team
- Coordination,Participation and possible leadership of meetings including the Daily Standup, Sprint planning, User * Acceptance Testing, Retrospectives and User Story Grooming
Required Skills and Background
- BS/BA in Information Systems, Technical Writing or related technical degree is strongly preferred
- 2+ years working on an agile project team in a fast paced software consulting environment
- Experience defining requirements and writing user stories
- Deep aptitude for mobile and web applications
- Previous experience in finance domain is highly preferred.
Let’s Talk about You
You value outcomes above all else: You have a proven track record shipping great mobile and web products. By understanding the big picture, you articulate strategy and vision with strong written and verbal communication.
You Lead by Doing: You realize that the big picture is worthless without getting your hands dirty in the technical details for creative, strategic and tactical problem solving. You understand the value of situational leadership and can adapt to the needs and strength of your team.
You Love Work, Growth and Learning: You dream of working in a culture that values hard work, continued learning and innovation with a commitment to building amazing products for clients and their end users. You’ll stop learning when you are dead, and until then you desire to gain deeper knowledge in technology and business.
Let’s Talk About Us
Modus Create is a Product Studio offering consulting services and SaaS products for strategic planning, design and and execution of web-based and mobile products. We work across multiple industries with Fortune 1000, ISVs, and startups to validate, plan and launch new products. Headquartered in Reston, VA, we are a bootstrapped team that has grown from 2 to 100 people in 26 countries in 6 years, committed to building the best product consulting firm on the planet. We offer a highly collaborative, autonomous and effective working environment. We love and believe in what we do. This is your chance to be part of building something great.
- Competitive compensation
- Ability to work remotely
- Working side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Do you have what it takes to join the DC area's most awesome tech company? Let’s start a conversation.