We are looking for a talented Backend engineer who can help us continue to grow infrastructure comprised of Golang microservices. Your task is to create a scalable and performant architecture for data metrics collection and alerting.
You’d make a great addition to our team if you’re highly motivated, eager to take on big challenges, equally comfortable working individually or as part of a team, and driven to deliver value.
ShiftLeft is a Silicon Valley startup employing innovative techniques to bring clarity and rigor to the security space. We support teams looking to align delivery and security so that they can move even faster with more confidence. Please check out https://blog.shiftleft.io/semantic-code-property-g... for more information!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected veteran status. We are deliberately fostering a trusting, supportive organization that embodies a generative culture.
- 2+ years experience minimum
- Languages: Golang (Knowledge of other languages is a plus)
- Experience with other backend technologies is a plus: databases (eg Cassandra, NoSQL), message queues (eg * Kafka, RabbitMQ), containers (eg Docker, rkt), discovery/config services (eg etcd, consul), container orchestrators (eg Kubernetes, Mesosphere/Mesos/Marathon), key management (eg HashiCorp Vault), AWS technologies (eg Dynamo, S3, SQS, SNS, ECS, lambda), caches (eg Redis, memcached), RPCs (eg gRPC, protobuf), micro-services etc.
- Extra points if he/she has built / contributed to such a system him/her-self
- Data Science experience is a plus
- BigData experience is a plus: Hadoop, Spark, Giraph
- Comprehensive Health Plans
- Healthy Food and Snacks Program
- Culture of Learning
- Well-being at Work
- Personal Time Off
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Supported Paid Volunteer Time
- Annual Travel Conference/Credit