About Brava Home:
We’re an IoT company focused on elevating and simplifying the in-home food experience. Our team consists of IoT and consumer software and hardware rockstars who have shipped products like the August Lock, Kindle and iPhone, as well as product, marketing and business trailblazers who have led multiple companies to high-profile exits. Are you a foodie looking to work with an amazing team that will both challenge and support you? Let’s talk!
As Automation Engineer at Brava, you will develop robust test automation suites utilizing open source test automation tools to increase reliability of software releases. This role will be responsible for all aspects of automated testing, ensuring compatibility across multiple platforms and projects. We are looking for individuals who care passionately about quality and know how to consistently exceed customer expectations.
You will be working side-by-side with the engineering team, and together you will work to deliver high quality products. You will be responsible for testing our products utilizing automated test suites with the goal of reducing errors released to live customers. You will work closely and collaboratively across all our software products to deliver a world class experience.
Things you’ll own/do:
- Design, develop, create, and execute a simple, robust, and automated testing process to support a continuous development/testing environment
- Develop test suites to evaluate functionality, performance, scalability, security and reliability
- Work with the team to identify the most effective tests and prioritize development accordingly
- Work closely with cross functional and remote teams to deliver maximum automated test coverage
- Work closely with our mobile, web and device software engineers to seamlessly integrate testing into the development and build processes, owning the automation suites for each experience
Our ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years experience in consumer mobile, internet or IoT products
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience with testing tools like Selenium, UI Automation, Appium, JMeter, Load Runner, Jasmine and Protractor
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI
- Solid technical / software development knowledge
- A strong command of experiments, analytics and analysis
- Comfort managing multiple priorities and simultaneous projects at various stages of completion
- Capacity to learn quickly to act as a product expert within the team
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of customer behavior
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for food and cooking
Why you should work here:
- You’ll be compensated with competitive salary, equity and benefits
- We’ll trust you to do things right
- Your feedback and opinions are valued and heard
- We’re at an early stage and provide significant career growth opportunity
- You’ll be creating something that people love and use on a daily basis!