The Cheat Sheet is dedicated to providing audiences the information they want in an approachable, entertaining way. We want readers to save time and live more, so we closely follow, research, and write about topics to bring you the most up-to-date guides, reviews, lists, and advice.
The Cheat Sheet is looking for a full-time Culture Associate Editor to join our team and focus on editing content for structural, informational, and syntactic errors while working to improve formatting and overall quality. The Cheat Sheet is known for its comprehensible angle and prose for our monthly audience of over 14 million unique readers.
As our Culture Associate Editor you will:
- Work at a rapid pace to turn out multiple articles in an hour.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with writers about their work.
- Manage a complex editorial board and homepage layout.
- Work with various search engine optimization tools.
- Fill in for your Senior Editor when needed for administrative tasks.
- Consistently deliver high-quality and professional articles.
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment.
What makes The Cheat Sheet great?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 14 million monthly readers and our company was just named to Inc’s Top 5000 list for 2016.
- We are a tightly knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be an expert in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, rapidly growing company and we want you to grow with us. At The Cheat Sheet, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can live wherever you want and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k contributions.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- A background in and passion for editing, as well as an interest in culture and lifestyle content.
- A strong grasp of proper grammar and punctuation (e.g., Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style). Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
- A willingness to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
- A working knowledge of SEO is preferred but not required.
- A working knowledge of CMS programs like WordPress is preferred but not required.
If this opportunity interests you and you fit the job description, please apply here.