APPLICATION SECURITY ENGINEER
As an Application Security Engineer at Fastly you will help ensure we provide a secure edge for the biggest online platforms in the world, handling massive amounts of traffic at very low latency.
We are looking for versatile engineers at all levels of seniority who enjoy being deeply involved in all aspects of building and securing our platform. Qualified candidates will excel at analyzing the design of our software and implementations, and will show an aptitude for discovering complex security issues. We encourage our security engineers to present at network and security conferences and participate in the open source community.
This is a role with a high impact, friendly security team. In addition to contributing to industry leading security products and services, you’ll make sure our customers benefit from a service built to the highest security standards in the industry. We’re in beautiful downtown San Francisco, but for the right candidate, we’re open to considering a remote position, and we have the team and tools in place to make it work.
- Perform penetration tests and security reviews for core applications and APIs
- Hunt for security flaws in the software powering the Fastly edge
- Develop custom software to test, monitor and enforce security across our applications
- Research security vulnerability disclosures and design and propose appropriate mitigations
A great candidate will have many of the following:
- Experience with threat modeling and web application security assessments
- Experience applying security engineering practices
- Experience with a variety of security testing methodologies, including fuzzing and source code analysis
- Experience with secure networking best practices
- Knowledge of web application vulnerabilities and attack methods including CSRF, XSS, SQL Injection etc.
- Experience with high throughput real-time systems and/or content delivery networks preferred
- Development experience using Python, Go, Ruby or C/C++ a huge plus
Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, The New York Times and Ticketmaster.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.