FOX Networks Engineering and Operations (NE&O) is searching for an Application Engineer/Architect to join their Media Software Solutions (MSS) team in Los Angeles. NE&O is a 24/7 mission critical operation that supports content production and distribution over several business units across the country. The Media Software Solutions (MSS) team is defining the next generation technology roadmap for NE&O media supply chain and the MSS Application Architecting team is responsible for supporting deployed software applications related to media management, processing, workflows and distribution.
The MSS team is looking for someone who possesses strong communication abilities, excellent mathematical skills and capacity to facilitate teamwork across the department. The candidate will need to be comfortable working in a live Broadcast environment while managing time critical systems as they work across FOX teams to help define, deploy and maintain software applications across the Enterprise. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for existing software in addition to new developments and must be uniquely talented in both customer service and detail-oriented, analytical tasks.
- Manage multiple applications used by an organization to ensure a scalable, reliable, and available architectural system
- Define and implement application architecture for diverse business processes, projects, and function
- Develop software solutions and strategy to meet the architectural goals and needs of a client
- Communicate with programmers and software development team to design and implement an architectural system
- Design the interface between multiple applications, databases, and middleware systems
- Provide technical support and training to ensure high level of business performance
- Carry out assessments to identify operational limitations and gaps in functional coverage
- Upgrade architectural systems and software life cycle to ensure improved processes
- Offer recommendations to clients on technical resources and action plans necessary for an efficient architectural system
- Monitor the performance of architectural systems to ensure fluid interaction between components
- Conduct tests to ensure an application conforms to fundamental application standards and meets the requirements of the end user
- Ensure proper documentation of software design and developing processes in order to produce appropriate procedures for application use
- Design applications according to specific architectural design to improve overall system performance
- Attend educational workshops and seminars to improve on existing job knowledge and skill
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in architecture/design with background in software development required
- 1+ years’ experience in MS Windows, Linux and MacOSX OS
- 1+ years’ experience in MS Active Directory/SAML 2.0 based secure authentication
- Experience with infrastructure preferred
- Experience with AWS/Google/MS Azure Cloud, Media Asset Management, Signiant and Aspera preferred
- Experience with agile scrum preferred
Division Description The Fox Networks Engineering and Operations Group (NE&O) is the group that is singularly responsible for the receipt, uplink, delivery and distribution of all networks wholly or partially owned by FOX, Inc. NE&O is a 24/7 mission critical operation which supports business units in seven distinct locations - three (3) in Los Angeles, California (Pico, Playa del Rey and 1440 Sepulveda); one (1) in The Woodlands, TX; one (1) in San Francisco, CA; one in Charlotte, NC; and one (1) in New York, NY. Overall, NE&O has over 1000 full-time equivalent employees. Candidates who seek employment with NE&O must be available to work 24/7.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.