We are hiring an intermediate to senior developer to focus on our Android app. Our mobile apps are built with React Native, and your job would be to contribute to both JS and native code.
You will be implementing features on the mobile app, as well as improving performance by moving resource-intensive functionality into native modules. You will also contribute to UI code and should have a good eye for clean user experience.
The project you will be working on is open source, and you will have a chance to contribute to other open source tools and libraries as well.
- 3+ years experience building mobile applications;
- Excellent documentation skills;
- Interest in security, privacy, and related topics;
- Ability to clearly articulate technical problems, design and implementation choices to a broad range of stakeholders (e.g. support staff, researchers, sales);
- Approachable, friendly team player — no rock stars!
- Experience in security or applied cryptography;
- An interest in usability and human-centric design;
- Experience with React Native or React;
- Contributions to open source communities (whether code or other kinds of content, e.g. localization, documentation).
Our mission is to provide easy-to-use privacy to everyone. We are currently working on end-to-end encrypted tools for team communication, collaboration, and email.
Our ideal teammates are invested in making security accessible and are excited by the challenges presented by the security space. Our friendly and dedicated team is headquartered in Montreal, with some remote team members in Europe and the Americas. Across all areas and skill sets, we are looking for excellent communicators who enjoy learning new things, are eager to be part of a vibrant community, and love to share their knowledge and skills with others.