BetterUp is looking for an Android Engineer to join our team as we build a consumer focused native Android application with buttery smooth UX and efficient backend API integrations.
We are a small and focused team that cares deeply about crafting the highest quality work where each team member has an opportunity to have a huge impact as we create ground-breaking experiences in the field of human growth and leadership development.
We are headquartered in San Francisco with the majority of our engineering team distributed across the country. Our collaborative approach to product development helps establish a highly connected and high performing environment.
You will own the architecture and codebase of the Android application and set direction for the future where each product experience is built alongside our team of designers and product owners.
You will thrive in a unique and nimble development process that iterates on projects quickly and validates their impact using qualitative and quantitative feedback from end users.
We provide amazing benefits, and if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- "Volunteer days" to give back to your local community
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement and promotion
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- 3+ years experience in Android Engineer role
- Published one or more applications to the Google Play store
- Deep knowledge of Java language and Android SDK internals
- Strong grasp of UI design patterns including layouts, animations and transitions
- Battle scars from working with various Android devices and OS fragmentation
- Practical experience integrating with remote services (REST, JSON, HTTP)
- Solid understanding of development life cycle, Git workflows and automation (Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment)
- Substantial knowledge of best practices, architectures and emerging technologies
- Confident with automated testing (unit tests/integration tests/etc)
- Impressive portfolio (Github, Stack Overflow, etc)
- Passionate about our mission to "help every professional pursue their life with clarity, purpose and passion"
- Naturally curious and want to push boundaries of what's possible
- Methodical with a strong attention to detail
- Self directed and biased towards action
- Constantly improving and open to feedback through collaboration
- Expert verbal and written communicator with remote teams
Why We Exist
We built BetterUp to help professionals pursue their lives with clarity, purpose, and passion.
Today, people spend more time at work than ever before, making work an increasingly important part of our lives. But the world of work is changing. On the one hand, stress, anxiety, and depression are soaring to unprecedented levels as more Millennials enter the workforce--the generation that most struggles with managing stress and anxiety. On the other hand, top performers are struggling to realize their full potential in an environment of constant change. The half-life of most business skills is under five years which means that learning is no longer a luxury--it's a basic need of survival in the modern workplace.
BetterUp is the first mobile platform that provides personalized coaching to help you master the skills that improve personal excellence and professional performance. We like to think of it as “executive coaching for everyone.” The app provides 1-on-1 coaching and bite-sized learning to build personal and professional skills like managing stress, increasing concentration, engaging with peers, and honing your competitive advantage. In this new world of work, people are seeking coaching that's proven, affordable, and optimized for their busy, on-the-go lifestyle.
But this is just the start. Help us combine cutting-edge experience and interaction design with behavioral sciences to craft transformational experiences that change lives for the better.
Our reliance on values to provide an energizing and invigorating experience goes beyond the product and defines our people, culture and the way our company interacts with our clients. We are looking for people who have a fierce commitment to excel in the pursuit of magnanimous goals. We hold these values to be of paramount importance and central to how we create value for our customers, employees, and society.
If these sounds like values you care about then BetterUp might be a great place for you to work!
- Courage. Dare often and greatly.
- Craftsmanship. Our work ennobles us.
- Playfulness. The best ideas come from a happy heart.
- Empathy. Innovation starts with understanding.
- Zest. The salt of the earth is not bland.
- Grit. One does not build the pyramids in a single day.
We can't wait for you to join us!! :)