Udacity’s mission is to democratize education. We’re an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Engineering team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
We’re looking for a senior, product-aware, passionate Android developer. Someone who should be willing to question the status quo and constantly think about improving and optimizing the applications that already exist while at the same time be passionate about building new capabilities and products. Someone who has a strong understanding of good UX and excited to learn new technologies.
**This position is open to Mountain View, San Francisco, or Remote candidates.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of key features for Udacity Android Application.
- Create great user experiences
- Develop both Unit/UI tests and useful code documentation
- Participate in code and technical design reviews
- E/BTech in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software development experience with Android
- Worked extensively on a customer facing app with > 250K users
- Worked with the latest Android frameworks, libraries, and design patterns
- Strong understanding of mobile UI design principles
- Familiar with Kotlin
- Eager to collaborate with product, design, and test
- Plus: Familiarity with React Native
- Plus: Experience with developing APIs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.