NewCity, a digital agency in Blacksburg, Virginia is looking for an Analytics Specialist to join our team. You will work with our staff to create results-driven web properties and campaigns for our clients.
The ideal candidate will be our in-house expert on all things Google Analytics (GA) and will have experience designing and implementing measurement strategies for websites and digital marketing campaigns.
NewCity is a 21 year-old, 30 person firm. We work in a highly collaborative, low-ego environment to create effective digital experiences for the real world. We ask big questions, dream big dreams, and set our sights on accomplishing aggressive goals for clients and our work. We’re constantly learning, experimenting, and reinventing NewCity.
THE WORKAnalytics and data are an important part of the work we do at NewCity. The Analytics Specialist leads our analytics practices and helps all the teams at NewCity use data properly and effectively.As an Analytics Specialist at NewCity, you will:
- Onboard new clients, audit their current GA setup, and make potential configuration changes to deal with data quality or completeness issues
- Establish baseline metrics and compile data to present to NewCity teams and clients
- Work with NewCity team members and clients to develop measurement strategies
- Implement Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and other complex analytics setups
- Perform analysis of data, work with project teams to identify optimization opportunities, and present findings and recommendations to teams and clients
THE REQUIREMENTSTo be be considered for the Analytics Specialist position, we’re looking for candidates who:
- Have 2 years or more of professional experience configuring and working with Google Analytics
- Have 2 years or more of professional experience configuring and working with Google Tag Manager
- Maintain an active Google Analytics Individual Qualification
- Have experience using analytics tools such as Optimizely, VWO, KissMetrics, R, Tableau, Crazy Egg, or Clicktale
- Have experience working with cross-disciplinary teams in web design and development, and / or digital marketing
- Are able to work on-site in our Blacksburg, Virginia office
Additionally, we’re looking for someone who:
- Has deep statistical and analytical knowledge and abilities
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Excels at working on teams and across disciplines
- Is organized and able to manage their own work and handle multiple projects
- Is proactive and results-focused
- Has both personal and professional integrity
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are unable to offer work visa sponsorships.