Candidates must be based within the UK
Do you love to learn and share with a team who will rely on you and your attention to detail to discover information, risks and issues to ensure we continue to deliver the service our customers trust and expect from us? Are you passionate about testing?
Skills and experience
- Able to be an advocate for agile and context driven testing approaches and encourage a collaborative, test-first team
- Test design skills supported by strong lateral and critical thinking skills
- Able to define and execute exploratory testing sessions including chartering, session execution, and reporting of exploratory testing sessions
- Experience of using active listening skills and questioning test requirements and designs to improve team understanding of tasks
- Able to create a collaborative automation strategy that encourages team ownership of automation and contribute to the creation automated regression checking
- Appreciation of agile principles and experience of working as a tester in Kanban, SCRUM, XP or similar contexts
- Understanding of security risks when developing products and the ability to identify risks for potential testing • Experience of testing in a Linux (CentOS / RedHat) environment, ideally virtualized/cloud-based (e.g. Amazon EC2)
- Ability to work remotely; must be a self starter
- Passionate about self improvement, active blogger on software testing and/ or involvement in the testing community
- Exposure to development techniques such as TDD, code reviews and pairing
- Experience of three amigo and example mapping activities
- Able to identify and potentially create bespoke tooling for Exploratory testing activities
- An advocate for Automation in Testing practises
- Exposure to security testing tools such as BurpSuite
- Exposure to infrastructure automation tools such as Docker and Vagrant
- Be an advocate for agile and context driven testing approaches both internally and externally
- Encourage a collaborative, test-first team environment and support team collaboration and ownership of quality
- For projects, write a clear and concise test strategy covering both functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. security/vulnerability assessment, load/performance and usability), applying manual and automated methods as appropriate
- Testing requirements to ensure they are well defined and result in teams agreeing in the understanding of requirements
- Plan, execute and report exploratory testing sessions for risks and features
- Work with the team to identify potential security risks and scheduled security testing when required
- Share knowledge, expertise and best practice with other members of the team, including the application and selection of appropriate tools • Continuous improvement of the test engineering processes and practices
Surevine built the UK’s Cyber-security Information Sharing Partnership (CiSP), a secure collaboration environment for cross-sector cyber-security information sharing and incident management; were one of the first companies in the UK to be awarded the ‘Cyber supplier to Government’ accreditation; and were identified as a leading UK cyber-security company by the former UK prime minister David Cameron.
Threatvine, a product born out of genuine R&D, is a cyber security information-sharing platform, designed for cross-organisational, cross-sector sharing which powers National cyber strategies worldwide.
Uniting critical national infrastructure, law enforcement and academia, Threatvine moves beyond cyber-security information sharing to collaborative cyber-security intelligence analysis; keeping you one step ahead of the cyber threat.
Surevine, the company behind Threatvine, build secure, scalable collaboration environments for UK Central Government and organisations with the most demanding security requirements.
Our smart collaboration technology joins people up securely; enabling a real-time response to cyber threats and incidents, and collaboration on your most highly sensitive information.
Our systems are accredited to handle the most sensitive information, whilst still delivering an intuitive and engaging user experience which actively promotes participation; building smart, secure networks of connected people.
Reasons to join
- Opportunity to work amongst a team of exceptional developers working on and with the latest technologies
- Be part of an agile, delivery-focussed team with daily stand-ups, fortnightly sprints, and retrospectives
- Our belief in self-managed teams and reliance on self-motivated people
- Our Director’s aren’t hidden away. They are accessible and involved. They are our co-workers
- Chance to work in an fast-moving innovative environment with some tough problems for you to help us solve
- Everyone is provided with a budget to kit out their workspace and make it cooler and more productive than they would ever get in a corporate cube
- We don’t wear suits (often)