The GitHub Account Support team is looking for a full-time team member based in Europe! This person will join GitHub as part of our global support team and support our customers around the world. This is the current list of countries in which we are set up as an employer in Europe, so legal working authorization is required: Austria, Croatia, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Wales.
When GitHub users have questions, they email support. We help people as quickly and awesomely as possible. Our Account Support team handle passwords, email verification, billing, legal, spam and abuse, account lockouts, fraud, and helping people choose plans. This requires a logical brain and a spidey sense for solving problems.
The most important characteristic of our support team is that we love helping developers. GitHub is a place for people to work better, together. Our job is to help. Support treats users the way we'd want someone to treat our friends.
Our support teammates have excellent writing chops: stellar grammar, charming written personality, and the ability to explain complicated things simply. We measure our success in swiftness, accuracy, and clarity.
Developers: this probably isn't the job for you, but perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link. Thanks!
- Must currently reside in one of the following: Austria, Croatia, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Wales.
- Current legal working authorisation to work in one of the following: Austria, Croatia, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Wales.
- Stellar English and grammar skills
- A unique writing style and voice
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all of the answers, but you know how to find and communicate the solution
- A strong sense of empathy and the ability to advocate for others
- Prior customer support experience
- Technical experience (QA, documentation, elaborate board games)
- Experience working remotely
- Previous work with GitHub and/or developers
- Knowledge of banking or online payment systems
- Experience supporting web apps
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together. Empathy: We believe in putting people first. Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence. Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work. Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!